SKU (UPC): 614187024720
Made popular by: Traditional
Released: November 2016
DayWind Music Group
Joy Upon Joy An Advent Devotional$14.99Add to cart
This advent devotional allows hassled Christians to daily redeem the busiest month of the year using seasonal reflections by the “Prince of Preachers,” Charles Spurgeon. In the classic style of Spurgeon’s Morning and Evening, each of the twenty-eight days contains a brief morning and evening devotional that begins with a Scripture and follows with a selection from Spurgeon’s advent-themed sermons. This all-new compilation of Spurgeon’s works reflect the four advent weeks of waiting, hope, anticipation, and celebration. Each day also includes space for journaling and reflection. Experience the delight of loving December once again, and prepare for the celebration of Christ’s birth alongside Spurgeon’s thought-provoking words.
Christmas Comes To Little Hickman Creek$14.99Add to cart
Two years ago this Christmas, Sadie Bennett’s beloved husband was killed in a tragic accident at the local sawmill. What was once her favorite time of year now haunts her, with its cheerful trappings a cruel reminder of the love she lost. The young widow would like nothing more than to hibernate until the festivities are over. When she finds herself assigned to the committee tasked with picking a Christmas tree for the town square of Little Hickman Creek, she begrudgingly agrees but determines to fulfill her duties to the bare minimum.
As the search for a suitable tree gets under way, Sadie is dismayed to learn that one of her fellow committee members is a man she’s worked hard to avoid. Reed Harris owns the local livery, and while he’s friendly enough-good-looking, too-Sadie isn’t ready to invest in another relationship. In fact, she may never be ready, unless a Christmas miracle manages to thaw her frozen heart.
Love Came Down At Christmas$14.99Add to cart
2. No Noisy Gong Or Clanging Cymbal (13 V 1)
3. Knowledge + Faith Needs Love (13 V 2)
4. More Than Sacrifice (13 V 3)
5. Gentle Jesus, Meek And Mild? (13 V 4a)
6. The Humble I AM (13 V 4b)
7. Manners Maketh The Man (13 V 4c)
8. He Did Not Please Himself (13 V 5a)
9. I Did It His Way (13 V 5b)
10. When Providence Rubs The Wrong Way (13 V 5c)
11. Joy In Truth (13 V 6)
12. Bearing All Things (13 V 7a)
13. Believing All Things (13 V 7b)
14. Hoping All Things (13 V 7c)
15. Enduring All Things (13 V 7d)
16. Everlasting Love (13 V 8a)
17. Gifts Are Not Everything (13 V 8b)
18. The Hidden And Revealed (13 V 9)
19. Christ In The Future Perfect (13 V 10)
20. Childhood Left Behind (13 V 11)
21. Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall (13 V 12a,c)
22. Seeing Face To Face (13 V 12b,d)
23. Lasting Faith And Hope (13 V 13a, B)
24. Simply The Greatest (13 V 13c-d)
Love is at the heart of Christmas-it’s the reason behind all our gathering and gift-giving at this time of year. In this Advent devotional, Dr Sinclair B Ferguson refreshes our hearts as we reflect on the source it all-love incarnate, Jesus Christ.
Over the course of December, this devotional walks through 1 Corinthians 13 phrase-by-phrase, showing us that “love is” the Lord Jesus himself.
Sinclair Ferguson brings the rich theology of the incarnation to life with his trademark warmth and clarity. Drawing on stories from the Gospels, we’ll see what “love” looked like in the life of Christ, and be challenged us to love like him. Each day’s reading finishes with a question for reflection and a prayer.
However you’re feeling-weary or frantic, lonely or lovesick-your heart will be refreshed as you wonder again at the truth that love came down at Christmas in the person of Jesus Christ.